Sunday, October 05, 2008

slowhio

after six months of slaving away on my top-secret biggest-project-of-my-life (oh yeah, i still haven't told you about that yet, have i?), ohio never looked so good. i was there for a restful and restorative week in august, my annual summer visit. what i love most about ohio is spending most of the day outside, and since i'd been chained to my desk all spring and summer long, i really took advantage of that aspect on this trip!


as always, my mom took great care of me, feeding me constantly. and gertie especially enjoyed our visit from my grandma.


we took walks in the evening, and ate strawberry shortcake...


i picked blackberries for my breakfast...


...sewed outside on the deck...



...gertie and this squirrel spent hours playing 'dog and squirrel'...




...and these girls kept me constantly entertained.


this was my breakfast the morning i left to come back to new york: egg, cheese and tomato sandwich, melon and tea. thanks mom!

No comments: